Do you need more adult volunteers? If so, what are the best ways to recruit them? What can you do to keep them once they join?
This session will explore these questions. It will look at the research from around the world and explore the experience of different organisations in tackling these issues. By the end of the session you will have a range of new ideas, tips and techniques to take home and explore in your own association. This session is very good in combination with the “Sucession Planning” session and “How to support and manage volunteers in heir work”.
1. Identify why volunteers join/leave/stay in Scouting/Guiding;
2. Choose a good method to identify existing and new sources of volunteeers;
3. Distinguish needs and expectations of different types of (potential) volunteers;
4. Explain different recruitment techniques and why you would use them;
5. Develop a Recruitment and Retention strategy in their own NSO/MO
This session will suit:
Any participant working on recruitment or retention of volunteers, or anyone who has been an adult volunteer working in a team as a leader, project team member, or Board Member.