Gender and Diversity are key parts of both the WAGGGS and WOSM Regional plans. This session will explore strategies for mainstreaming gender and diversity in various aspects of Scouting and Guiding, including the governance and adult management. Following its launch at this year’s Regional Conference, this session will be using the WAGGGS Gender & Diversity Mainstreaming tool to support participants with discussing and creating concrete strategies that can be applied at different levels and areas within their associations to help mainstream gender & diversity
1. Look at the range of considerations that need to be made when thinking about gender and diversity in your association;
2. Explore the needs to mainstream gender and diversity, the challenges and the benefits;
3. Discuss how to mainstream gender and diversity in your association using the WAGGGS Gender & Diversity Mainstreaming tool for guidance;
4. Allow participants to discuss practical steps that can be taken to mainstream gender and diversity in different areas across their Guiding and Scouting association;
5. Enable participants to create an action plan that they can apply to their specific area of work
This session will suit:
Any participant with na interest in gender or diversity and how they can mainstream these in their areas of work. No previous experience is required.