Learning by Doing – Capacity Development and Succession Planning
The session offers an opportunity to explore how to use existing structures as capacity building opportunities, utilising the spirit of ‘learning by doing’, both for the benefit of individual volunteers and the health of the wider MO/NSO/NSA. Taking the perspective of ‘opportunity providers’, we will work together to explore how to empower a more diverse population to become increasingly involved in governance and operational frameworks through enhancing existing informal educational opportunities.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to…
- Recognise the importance of capacity development and succession planning for developing MOs/NSOs/NSAs.
- Understand the key principles of capacity development and succession planning (including gaining familiarity with the WAGGGS Succession Planning Toolkit).
- Identify and overcome common barriers to effective capacity development.
- Maximise opportunities for capacity development within governance and operational frameworks.
- Identify key areas within their MOs/NSOs/NSAs in which they can apply these concepts.
Location: The Expanding Galaxy