Lack of Body Confidence is a major issue in our society. 8 in 10 girls won’t put their hands up in class if they don’t like how they look. Girls and Boys are being held back from their potential. The new Action on Body Confidence activity pack uses fun activities to build self-esteem and gives young people skills to make the changes that they wish to see. Join our session to explore the Action on Body Confidence resource, developing your understanding of advocacy and learn how you can help your members to engage with creating solutions for our problems today because anyone can be an advocate!
1. To introduce the WAGGGS initiatives Free Being Me and Action on Body Confidence.
2. To understand the WAGGGS definition of advocacy.
3. To discover how members of WAGGGS and WOSM can use advocacy in relation to the topic of body confidence.
4. To feel comfortable enough to start or run the Action on Body Confidence initiative within our own MOs and NSOs.
5. To think about potential advocacy projects relating to body confidence.
This session would be ideal for anyone with an interest in building self-esteem and body confidence amongst young people or someone looking to start running Free Being Me or Action on Body Confidence in their own organisation. It is also perfect for someone who would like to be able to help young members of their organisation plan and run an advocacy project on a different topic as skills are transferable.